Thursday 18 September 2014

GLUTEN FREE BAKING

For those that don't know I have 3 daughters and their favourite thing to do is to bake. So yesterday while my older daughters were out on playdates my little one insisted we bake.

So on came the music, the aprons and the mess! Yes eventually we ended up with 12 chocolate gluten free cupcakes that taste amazing.

Now I didn't say they were fat free or sugar free just gluten free. So I guess this recipe would be left for those cheat meal days.

Recipe
1 1/2 sticks of unsalted room temp butter
2/3 cup of packed brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup of buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons instant coffee
1 cup of cocoa
1 1/3 cups of gluten free plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix and the divide equally into cupcake holders
bake for 20mins


This is what happens when I turn my back for a second


The baking mess


She insisted that she helps me clean up 

 The finished product. I didn't put any icing as it was already sweet as it is


No comments:

Post a Comment